Hyundai 1500Rpm Diesel Generator 24 Month Limited Warranty (Effective From 01/12/2012)
All Hyundai 1500rpm diesel generators are covered by a 12 month, 1000 hour parts and labour warranty.
This can be extended to 24 months, for standby use, maximum 500 hours per year. The 2nd year warranty is a parts only warranty. To activate the second year warranty, a fully completed service record sheet must be received by Genpower Ltd within 1 month of the start of the 2nd year.
This warranty applies to all Hyundai 1500rpm diesel generators imported into the UK by Genpower Ltd.
Warranty will start from the date of delivery to the first user, or 12 months after Genpower sells the generator to it's customer, whichever is first.
Genpower will cover the generator set against manufacturing defects only.
If the user has bought the machine with standard warranty, we will in the first 12 months if necessary, send an engineer, or arrange collection of the machine at our discretion to repair or replace the faulty item.
The above engineer call out is limited to normal working hours and availability of the engineer. We will provide one call out up to 250 miles round trip and 4 hours travelling from the nearest engineer. Subsequent call outs and/or collections/deliveries are chargeable.
If a call out or collection/delivery is undertaken and the fault is found to be a non-warranty fault, this will be chargeable to the customer along with the parts and labour costs associated with this.
The Hyundai Generator User's responsibilities
The user is responsible for:
- Installing, operating and maintaining the generator set in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Returning the Warranty Registration Form within one month of delivery.
- Ensuring initial start-up is performed by an authorised representative of the company or it's dealers. In exceptional circumstances, said start-up will be waived but only if a Pre-Delivery Inspection has been completed.
- Making the equipment available for repair as soon as the defect has become apparent.
- If the machine is required to be collected by Genpower for any reason, the user will be responsible for safely loading the machine onto the vehicle provided by Genpower at the pre-agreed date and location
- Accepting the Company’s sole judgement as to whether the faulty part is defective in material or workmanship.
- Labour costs, including costs to disconnect the product from and reconnect the product to it’s attached equipment, mountings and support systems.
- The costs and risks for transport/shipping and other charges associated with the replacement of the repair parts
What The Warranty Does Not Cover
- Damage, malfunctions or failures resulting from accidents, abuse, misuse, modifications, alteration, improper servicing, or lack of servicing, as set out in user manual.
- Normal maintenance services or replacement of maintenance items such as light bulbs, preheater plugs, indicator and resistant coils, filter elements, lubricants, oils, coolant, belts, hoses, batteries.
- Installation of replacement parts, unless originally installed by an authorised Hyundai Generator Distributor or Dealer.
- Non-genuine Hyundai parts.
- Any engines damaged by use of ether or any starting aid, or greater than a 50/50% solution of antifreeze and water.
- Injector nozzle wear or any engine damage caused by injector nozzle wear or sticking.
- Injector pump wear or any engine damage caused by injector pump wear.
- Damage caused by water or contaminated oil, fuel or air, entering the machine due to any cause.
- Damage caused by adverse weather conditions, such as extreme hot or cold temperatures, water ingress or salt corrosion in marine environment etc.
- Used machines or components.
- Any damage caused by overheating that is not a direct result of a defect in materials or workmanship.
- Damage caused to any component due to underload of the diesel engine or generator.
- Damage caused to any component due to overload of the diesel engine or generator.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by running the machine above its rated output for extended periods.
- Certain areas of the UK, such as Highlands and Islands may incur a surcharge for the engineer's travelling time or collection/delivery charge.
This is the only warranty on our products
We neither assume nor authorise anyone to assume for us any other warranty. The Hyundai Distributor/ Dealer has no authority to make any representation or promise on behalf of Genpower Ltd or to modify the terms or limitations of this warranty in any way.
Limitations on our responsibility with respect to products used by consumers, personal, householders or for hire, commercial, industrial or agricultural purposes.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, and of any other obligations or liability on our part. Implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are excluded. Our responsibility for any and all losses and damages resulting from any cause whatsoever, including our negligence, alleged damage or defective goods, whether such defects are discoverable or latent, shall be limited to the repair or replacement of defective parts as stated above. In no event will we be liable for loss of use, loss of profits, loss of or damage to other property, inconvenience, commercial loss, or other special, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever.